Friday Freebie: Take the Cake
****This giveaway is now closed for entries.****
All you vintage fans out there, heads up! My first Friday Freebie really takes the cake. Literally.
I’d like to kick off my first giveaway with this vintage cake carrier. It has some fun bells and whistles: not only does the top part hold a large round cake, the bottom part can hold either a pie or paper plates and flatware.
It makes me think of the good ole’ days, when homemade birthday cakes were the norm, and store-bought cakes were unthinkable. My parents still make me homemade cakes with my dad’s dee-licious cream cheese icing. He’d decorate the cake with chocolate icing in order to keep us safe from food dyes. Smart man!
All cakes aside, this could also make a sweet little carrier for a picnic. It’s finally getting to be that time of year!
Do you want to take the cake in retro style? Here’s the down and dirty details on how to enter:
- Prize: Blue and white vintage cake tin
- Ships to: Any address in the United States
- How to enter: Comment on this entry and share your fave cake memories. Do you prefer homemade or store bought? Food coloring or no? Oh, and Tweet this giveaway for a second chance to win.
- Giveaway Closes: 5 pm Thursday, 3/18/2010
- Winner: Will be announced on Friday, 3/19/2010