My First Blog Award – One Lovely Blog
- Young House Love, for being the first blog I ever followed – way back in 2008. Sherry and John inspired and wowed me early on, not only with their creative and oh-so-affordable decor ideas, but also with their fantastic blog design. They’ve really set the standard for DIY blogging, and the best part is, they’re showing the world that anyone can decorate and improve their home, even with limited experience and budget. If you haven’t checked out their site, especially their how-to section, you’re missing out!
- Fine Green Design, because I love her focus on creating beautiful spaces while keeping mother earth (and your budget) in mind. She, too, has a beautiful blog, from graphics to layout to color scheme. I just love it!
- Thrifty Decor Chick, because if she can thrift it, she can make it attractive and useful! She’s completed many creative transformations, and you must check them out for inspiration. You must check out her post on building inexpensive window boxes.
- The Lettered Cottage, where Layla shares her peaceful and soothing design concepts. Just viewing her designs makes me feel like I’m on a relaxing vacation! Also, check out her new store – Lettered Cottage Home.
- Atomic Indy, for helping to fuel my obsession with mid-century modern furniture and architecture. With a mid-century modern renovation blog based in Indianaopolis, they make me wish I lived there so I could attend their Atomic Crash Parties.
- Green Daily, for providing me with a quick daily dose of what’s new in the lets-be-politically-correct-and-save-planet-earth scene.
As you can see, I didn’t name 15 blogs. I’m newer to the world of blog following, so I’m still building up a collection of sites. But I firmly believe that quality trumps quantity. What about you all? Any great blogs that you’d like to share with me?